Autism: Now What?
Conference London 2024
The conference is for parents and professionals in the field of autism.
Dr. Nicola Antonucci
World renowned doctor from The Biomedical Autism Centre in Bari, Italy, will deliver a presentation focusing on the biomedical treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and related disorders.
Author of “Saving my Sons: A Journey with Autism” will be discussing applied behavior analysis (ABA) and educational programs for children with autism, challenging behaviors, learning challengers or related disorders.
Martin Gerschlowitz – “Doctor Dad”
Martin’s impact and contribution to autism has been life changing for many families, including his own. He has helped to establish and run The Star Academy which provides ABA programs internationally.
Session 1 (Dr. Antonucci):
What is autism?
Why diet plays a role in treatment
Vitamin and mineral deficiency
The role of inflammation in autism
Session 2 (Ilana Gershlowitz):
- Diagnosis: Autism: Now What?
- What to consider when choosing an education program for your child with autism
- Aaron’s Journey with autism – how to secure best outcomes. Aaron is now indistinguishable from his peers in regular school.
- Early Intensive Behavioural Intervention (EIBI)
- An overview of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and access to good quality ABA
- How many hours of ABA is enough?
- Good ABA vs bad ABA
- Why ABA is not always enough: overview of the most comprehensive developmental curriculum to guide developmental program*.
- How to get more spontaneous vocal functional communication
- Sensory issues and the gut
- Tackling speech motor planning and apraxia
- Dealing with ADHD and executive functioning skills
- How to choose a doctor and foundational pillars to medical treatment
* The developmental curriculum is the most comprehensive assessment of a child’s skills, ever created spanning across eight developmental areas, including social, motor, language, adaptive, play, executive functions, cognition and academic skills. All developmental skills have assigned ages for when they emerge in typical development. Skills allows our team at Star Academy, to formulate and manage a fully individualized intervention plan for each child with ASD. In addition, the data tracking system allows us to track each child’s progress.
Session 3 (Martin Gershlowitz):
- Doctor Dad shares useful insight and advice to parents and fathers of children with autism
- How to keep your hope alive
- Fight autism not each other
- Tips for the extended family
Session 4 (Ilana Gershlowitz):
- David’s journey with Autism
- Life today as a caregiver to an adult son with profound autism
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Anxiety and OCD
- The role of Augmentative communication
- Navigating the journey for high functioning teens with autism
- How to teach social skills
- How to access a Star Academy UK program
Session 5 (Dr. Antonucci):
Supporting the immune system
Latest ground breaking treatment for autism
Who Should Attend?
- Parents of children or teenagers with autism, or suspected autism
- BCBA’s and professionals in the field of autism
- Speech Therapists, Occupational Therapists and SEN Tutors
- Psychologists and Educational Psychologists supporting children or families affected by autism
- Doctors and Paediatricians wanting to learn more about autism diagnosis and treatment
Address: 12 Upper Woburn Pl, London WC1H 0HX, United Kingdom
The Hotel is just a few minutes away from Euston Station, Kings Cross St. Pancras Station (Eurostar Terminal) and Russell Square Tube Station
Early bird ticket £20 before 20 March (thereafter £30)